PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grand-daughter joining Rock Ape Reserve.
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2022, 11:58
WB627

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Union Jack
As I also discovered at one of our periodic Officers' Pistol Shoots when serving with the RAN, and my then NOK came to collect me and was asked if she would like to have a go. Never having touched a weapon before in her life, she promptly achieved better grouping than that shown in MPN11's Post #88 above**! Curiously enough, I never encouraged her to try again....

Jack

** With apologies to MPN11
I used to be a bit handy with a rifle and taught Mrs WB627 the rudimentaries before we had children so more than a few years ago. Fast forward many years and the Scouts set up a rifle range (air rifles) in the Scout Hut, Mrs WB627 takes her Beaver Colony along to have ago. At the end with much mocking from the instructors about women not being able to shoot straight, not only does she do just that, but manages a better card than any of the instructors. Stony silence and red faces , so to save their embarrassment, she fesses up to having been taught by an expert. Made her day.

Edited to add.... I would never argue with a Woman with a gun, you never know where she might be aiming