PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2022, 09:39
AircraftOperations

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobradamus
I mean, MAG were still trying to recruit someone to head up their planning operation in Feb ‘22, certainly for security staffing levels; I remember reading the job spec! So there was likely a vacuum of leadership in a key area at a key time that won’t have helped generally. I’ve heard a few independent accounts through professional relationships of a particularly toxic work environment, that’s not helped retain staff in these sorts of teams either. Coupled with all the other factors, it won’t have helped, however there’s clearly many different macro effects adding into this perfect storm.
An employer can start recruitment as early as they want, but if attrition (for whatever reason) is such that your headcount is not increasing by the same amount as the number of new hires joining, then that can still put you on the back foot if you weren't expecting it. Not saying that is/was the case for MAG specifically, but can't believe that has not affected a lot of the lower paid aviation roles in the last 6-9 months - whoever the employer.