PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2022, 18:25
NutLoose

Received 2,900 Likes on 1,242 Posts
It went awfully high then came back down, not just straight across. I’ve copied the replies you would have needed to open to understand the witchcraft behind it.

14h
Replying to
@rrichcord
and
@glosmeusec
f missiles were the cause then they were pretty slow. (200.000mt/30minutes/)/60 =111mt/sec /343= aprox **match 0.323 **. That absolutely sub sonic. Maybe my bicycle can travel faster than that. Why werent they intercepted by russia ? no air defenses then ?
Anton Bohucek
@a_bohucek
·
12h
They must have been travelling in a high arc, so the distance travelled is actually much longer than the straight line distance between the presumed launch site and the arrival area.
eduardo
@ode4370
·
12h
I see now. Hmm that could indeed be the reason. Sorry for my error. I am still thinking cause Physics is not exactly my expertise area. I still remember some formulas though. tks.
Sahara
@LMR_Sahara
·
13h
Replying to
@rrichcord
and
@glosmeusec
Any idea on what missile this suggests?
Richard Cordaro
@rrichcord
·
13h
Unfortunately there is not enough information in the magnetic anomaly to suggest a missile type. Sharp spikes in the signature can give an indication of speed. Hypersonic missiles (>=Mach 5) show a few spikes. This missile showed only one spike so Mach 1 - 4, roughly.
Sahara
@LMR_Sahara
·
13h
Thanks
Crosspatch-
@VictorishB123
·
13h
Replying to
@rrichcord
and
@glosmeusec
By mach 2.5 are you saying that the time from the launch to strike indicates mach 2.5 ground speed? Because a missile such as the sort used for strikes like these take a very highly arched trajectory so the actual missile speed might be much faster.
Richard Cordaro
@rrichcord
·
13h
Yes, the missile no doubt took a highly arched trajectory and achieved higher speeds. My "Mach 2.5" came from an estimate of the speed of the shock wave that arrived in Lviv 6 min