PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2022, 13:46
Thumb War

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ockett
Hi All,

Currently in HS pursuing an RAAus RPC (0.7hrs solo), and have a few questions:

1. Have any QGPA graduates made it to Q-link yet? If not, when can that expect to start?
2. After finishing my RPC, is it worth converting it to a CASA RPL just for the purposes of applying to the academy (as they may prefer a CASA license)?
3. If you complete an aviation degree program with a QFPP school, and do the practical flying on the weekend with a non-integrated school, can you still be considered for the QFPP

Now before you all start complaining about cadet programs, I will say that I am fully aware of the traditional process (going up north ect..), and will do that if I am not accepted to a cadet program. Just curious about options to expedite the process.

Thanks
The problem with the program you’re talking about is that as I understand it, it’s not a cadet program at all. Whether you like them or hate them a traditional cadet program would give the cadet a leg up and generally seniority from an early age.

By the sounds of the academy program you pay over market rate to go to a Qantas branded school, but it doesn’t gain you an advantage. If you do happen to get into a subsidiary, you’ll then have the often discussed issues of getting released by the subsidiary should you pass selection by mainline.

Getting your 1500 hours and heading over to the states is your best bet, once you have experience you can apply to mainline directly, and if that doesn’t pan out or your plans change you have started on the best alternative path (some would say it’s a better path than any offered in Australia)