PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Service wives turning to sex trade due to cost of living crisis
Old 9th Aug 2022, 13:02
Fortissimo

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Yes, nothing new here, it's just that social media has made such activity easier to monetise.

Again in the early 70s, at a well-known training establishment near Sleaford there was allegedly an RAFP sgt in possession of a spam truncheon of eye-watering proportions (according to the DCM evidence, as reported...). This generous SNCO had agreed to allow wives and girlfriends of colleagues to try it out for themselves for a small fee, and offered his services with an additional paid-for photographic record captured by one of his mates. The activity came to light during a routine inspection of the Stn Photographic Club when an unlocked cabinet was opened, as the muppet photographer had been using the club to develop and print from wet film (70s, pre-mobiles...) and had left numerous detailed images of said truncheon in action with a variety of women, along with a few names so 'owners' could collect their photos later.

Memory fails me, but I think my late relative on the DCM panel said the charges were about misuse of service property (er, not the truncheon) and 'conduct prejudicial' - many will remember that as being Section 69, which was apparently also on film. ISTR the Sgt received more than an absolute discharge...

These days, you could expect the videos to have been circulated on Facebook, followed by howls of outrage from the head shed about the poor Sgt being abused, and then the whole unit being banned from deploying. Or maybe that's just in the Army.