PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 9th Aug 2022, 02:45
A30_737_AEWC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
The OAM and the AM are now pretty much a sick joke.
Let's face it, when a certain ex QF exec gets one for leading the competitor airline to the point of bankruptcy, shortly after he left, what in the name of Ch--st about that deserves a naitonal 'award'??
For those who are not aware, ANYONE can nominate a person for an civilian honour or award under Australia's system of honours/awards.

I know of a cavalcade of senior military officers (who I've worked around or have direct knowledge of their work roles/activities) and their many non-combat/non-military action related honours/awards are based on individuals who basically turn up for work. How you can get a CSC for working in the procurement/sustainment arm of Defence is beyond a joke IMO. It's basically a mutual admiration society of the more senior retired officers nominating the up-and-coming seniors following in their foot steps.

There are many civilians working in many sectors of business and society whose 'herculean efforts' in public service and advocacy go unrecognised and unrewarded.

If any of you know anyone whose professional or volunteer activities warrant appropriate recognition in this way, please take it upon yourself to do the groundwork and submit a nomination for them. I'm considering doing this for 2 selfless individuals I am aware of.

https://www.gg.gov.au/australian-hon...-someone-award