PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cabin Baggage
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2004, 21:31
BEagle

Received 333 Likes on 116 Posts
"Cabin Baggage:

Ryanair allows each passenger (excluding infants) to carry one small piece of hand baggage on board. The hand baggage must not weigh more than 7kg and be less than 50cm x 35cm x 23cm (20x14x9ins) in dimensions. For the safety and convenience of all passengers, hand baggage must fit underneath the seat or in the overhead compartment."

That seems entirely clear, reasonable and straightforward to me. So those people who inist upon trying to bring wheeled cabin trunks, mountaineer's rucksacks and the like into aeroplane cabins shouldn't be surprised when they're told they can't.

LH allows a very generous business class allowance. And a damn nuisance it is too, as every businessman seems intent upon bringing his entire wardrobe into the cabin in addition to an enormous attache case - as a result it takes ages to board.

Pre-Sep 11th, I used to carry a 'standard airline carry-on bag' with me; however, I discovered that buzz had an absurdly low cabin bag limit. So everything now goes into the hold, except for a briefcase which also hold my 1.8 kg laptop. Which is fine - until LH loses your suitcase at 2230 on the hottest night of the year....

People moan about Mo'L and Ryanair for many reasons; however, their Ts and Cs are clear and unequivocal. For that they deserve praise, not derision.