PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 8th Aug 2022, 14:47
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssietbunny
Hi, attending sim this Aug for DEC. Is there any limit on BMI in medicals as for my large stature am over 30 bmi, i.e, 31. what extra tests can i expect ?
If you are over 30 by a small margin the doctor who does the entry test (more basic than the full medical) will probably advise you to lose weight, but it shouldn't affect your success. I don't know at what point it starts to become a problem for entry, but a friend laughed at me when telling me this, as he knew of some 'heavy' people who were already in, and it seemed that the implication was once you're in, it's a lot more lenient. I'm not sure what the GCA (? the UAE CAA, don't know the actual abbreviation) actually want, but I was told that BMI is a factor in their medical, and it must be 30 or under (again, it seemed like there were people there passing regularly who were over that, I don't know for sure, I'm not there). I was told that Emirates want a BMI of 29 or under on their online submission (second stage) as you have to enter your height and weight, and they explicitly state on the online form that it must be 29 or under. If you don't qualify, they email you to explain why, and that you must resubmit when you are within those limits.

All second hand information from friends, sorry.