PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2022, 12:17
Lonewolf_50

Received 461 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by fdr
Would be an interesting learning point for all concerned. NK would certainly need to bring their own kit. However, FRed team has a shambolic supply chain, logistics seems to still be awaiting Murmansk convoys to run on up to give their troops any supplies. .
My skepticism of the 100,000 number is substantial. The Russians are having a devil of a time logistically supporting their own troops now, NK's armed forced are not built / structured for global ops (heck, most nations' armed forces are not) so NK isn't going to have the wherewithal to support 100K troops thousands of miles away.
While I don't think it wise to rule out an expeditionary force being offered (as an example, El Salvador offered up a unit to help for the Coalition in Iraq, serving with the Spanish Legion) I will guess that a deployment by rail from NK through Russia would be able to support a few brigades.
But, here's the kicker: what if the Chinese agree to pony up a bit of resources to provide support to this deployment? Pure speculation here, but that would change the art of the possible somewhat.
That story might also be complete moonshine.
Korotchenko was notably interested in what he called the North Korean’s “wealth of experience with counter-battery warfare” — a telling remark given reports of Ukraine’s long-range artillery success since acquiring US-made HIMARS rocket systems in June. “If North Korea expresses a desire to meet its international duty to fight against Ukrainian fascism, we should let them,” Korotchenko said.