PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2022, 07:11
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fairey Seal
So you didn't fly more than 900 hours. Sounds like you are looking for something to complain about. If you don't like it you can leave, right?
Try Ryanair, I'm sure you will have a better quality of life, far less hours and get paid just as well, after tax. Obviously.
combining this one with your other posts it shows you clearly have no clue and no understanding of how long range flying works

nearly nobody did more the 900 block on controls equals stick time , but still they had been on duty on a flight for more than 1100 hours a year. Now I can see your brain working over this one. Shazeem explained already
When you fly Argumenting duties you will get
50% accounted on 4 man
66% accounted on 3 man

while on 4 man the crew swaps for return
at 2 lr or ulr flights a month you loose roughly 25% of your block time still sitting on the airplane watching the other guys doing what they do. If it’s bad you are made responsible in the same amount as the 2 in the front because you meant to monitor their doing while officially not even on duty - not paid - but made responsible
so your credited 900 block hours are only representing the stick you had not the time you where sitting there watch in uniform with the batch around your neck.
Make it up 900 + 25% to 30%
so on top of that you have a required off of 2 loc nights before and 56 hours with 2 loc nights after a ulr ( someone else please correct me if wrong) and that’s mostly what you got in between a ulr and any other flight you do unless it a east- west swap then it was a day more. But trust me doing 10 time zone west and than 10 time zone east with only 4 days inbetween are absolut killers

bottom line is yes u sit more than 1100hr a year on the airplane watching it flying

and if you don’t believe me have a look into your ek flight xls flight log online u will see that as argumenting crew on an a lax flight you only have a of max 6,5 hours as your block time, still your were onboard for 15,30 hr

Sure as you are sounding like a costa troll you only see airplanes in that amount throu the window at costa but from inside

Last edited by flyTheBigFatLady; 8th Aug 2022 at 07:26.