PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Salary Review Time Again
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2022, 21:55
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
Well I spoke to my mate who is back at Virgin now after being laid off and he said they had a pay cut with negotiations on going. This was couple months ago. Unless you talking about Virgin Australia? Think they had pay rise but don’t know anyone there.

Of course it will effect Dubai. It’s the whole world. I’m just stating facts and giving advice.
Wouldn’t you want to know rather than jumping back to the UK then finding out. Plus for the financial planning. Obviously UK license required as well. Just be prepared if moving to UK it’s not a bed of roses at present.
Jet2 probably the best. Unless you’re under 30 then BA.
The problem is you come on here spouting half truths as though you know it all and pontificating about a place and a job that you know nothing about.. and I was talking about Virgin Atlantic. For a person that claims to know so much about airlines you don't seem to know the basics about what happened in your own backyard.

You then advocate moving to an airline and a country where you literally have next to no rights or recourse should you be wronged, whilst simultaneously saying that the sky is falling. Given how EK literally treated people less than a year and a half ago I really don't see what you're trying to achieve? If it is so good why haven't you moved there?

By the way having done EK for nearly a decade it wasn't all the bed of roses either that you seem to like to portray from your fleeting holiday visits to the place.

Last edited by Rhodes13; 7th Aug 2022 at 22:10.