PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2022, 21:13
CaptainSpudGun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No news is (perhaps) good news

To get this thread back on topic.

Attended recruitment session previously. Really positive experience from the start with pretty transparent process. No contract, rejection or hold pool offer just yet but considering the sheer quantity of applicants (plus internal moves) I wouldn't say that is particularly unusual in a 'normal' year, let alone one recovering from a Pandemic. All bets are kinda off the table....

However, given that the intake is being done primarily in preparation for Summer 2023, and, when a candidate starts, the speed of training moves as 'considerable pace' (as described to me by folks who have been through the process), I'd wager it's still early days yet.

For context (and if you have been through the process please feel free to dispute the below) timeline is loosely:
Ground school: 2-3 weeks
Sim: 3-4 weeks
Circuits, Base training, Line Training: 5-6 weeks

So realistically the training segment could span 2.5 to 3 months, without including breaks in the training dept for Christmas If you're working for an airline currently you're probably on a 2-3 month notice period anyhow.

So total of 4.5 to 6 months lead time they may want to issue contracts and then have you fully line ready for the ramp up of the busy period.

If we called that start of the busy period March/April, with the 40 odd line sectors taking place in Jan/Feb/March, then hearing something in Sept/Oct at the very earliest wouldn't be totally unrealistic. And if it was for the peak of summer with the line training taking place in March/April/May then that becomes a call at some point before end of the year.

Maybe.

But again, many factors beyond just quantity of applicants, including desired base, TR or Non-TR.....