PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Race to the bottom
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2022, 22:12
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
I didn't follow any of this. Plenty of boys and girls who secured jet commands inside 18 months when timing favoured them. So check and training Captain in 18 months ?There is no shortcutting the training requirements to be a surgeon.So there are short cuts to being a check and training Captain

I honestly can't believe you're labouring this argument. You're trying to equate a job that requires 15 years of tertiary and above training and qualification with something you can do as a year 10 drop-out, and do perfectly well. No, the equate was more along the lines of pay versus time to get there, responsibility, and proficiency. I may be wrong but do not believe that the medical profession has yearly checks etc. and also guess I am wrong and you can be a check and training Captain in months?

There is nothing wrong with our job, but don't get carried away thinking it makes you special. Given knowledge of the medical profession, getting a second opinion is a necessity now days so being special is due to what, years of training or proficiency in your area.
You drive a bus. It's not difficult, it doesn't require a decade of training and nearly anyone can do it. Yes it has become easier in that technology has made the requirement of command decisions less onerous but the companies demand for profits has added to the pressure of those decisions.

BTW, love that you think all that is required to attain a degree in pure mathematics is a good memory. Highly entertaining take.Pure mathematics? Given the number of applicants, with degrees, that I have been fortunate enough to assess I am not even certain that a brain is required. .
The number of mistakes made by the medical profession and surgeons in particular (some fatal) that I am personally acquainted with would equate to a major accident if not weekly than monthly in commercial aviation.Now you might not believe that you should feel a bit special, even just a teeny weeny bit, when someone puts their trust and lives in your hand even as a bus driver but I disagree

Last edited by finestkind; 5th Aug 2022 at 22:31.