PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2022, 04:18
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All down to permitted development so there are no public plans. Two lighting towers are already in situ but just need to be shifted a few metres.

I expect to see a half width of Delta brought back into landside for apron work with the other half being used as an airside service road to the south stands.

Unlike the Eastern Apron, the whole of this new apron will be connected to Delta rather than having a taxi width entrance. As Luton already has an Eastern Apron what will this new one be called?

When complete bussing passengers to the South Apron will take longer on occasions, as there will be yet another crossing point where aircraft have right of way.

So who is paying for this lot? The claim is that this is still part of the 18m passenger expansion that was funded by the airport operator except it is not, as it has never appeared on any plans.

Smoke and mirrors comes to mind, as LRT agreed to let LLAOL keep £15m of concession fees that were meant to pay for social services. No one has explained why this would be but I suspect the council is paying for this work despite claiming to be broke but don’t want anyone to know.

Finally why does the same construction company always get the work? It doesn’t matter if it is the building of the new forecourt at Parkway, resurfacing the runway, building temporary drop off areas, putting in covered walkways, constructing Taxiway Foxtrot, or a hundred and one other tasks, it always goes to one company year after year. Also I have never seen any of this type of work put out to tender.

https://www.in-tendhost.co.uk/llaol/...enders/Current

Last edited by LTNman; 4th Aug 2022 at 05:37.