PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 4th Aug 2022, 02:44
Lead Balloon

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
Perhaps if you got heated on the phone, made even a minor verbal threat, legitimate or not, visited their offices wanting to see someone, possibly more than once, called over and over trying to speak to certain people, asked for certain employees whereabouts, looked them up on LinkedIn, Facebook or otherwise…. Very very loosely, someone could refer to that in passing conversation as assault (verbal) and stalking.

Those behaviours are human nature in these types of situations, but it’s a long bow to draw to call them assault and stalking!

Aka, “I stalked that girl on linkedin to see where she worked as I wanted to ask her out.”
Whatever the theoretical circumstances - 'long bow' or not, 'very loose' or not - 'something' must surely have been construed as constituting assault and stalking of Carmody's staff. But if there is no record at all in CASA of any circumstance that has been construed by a staff member as assault or stalking by Glen, I have great difficulty in concluding anything other than that Carmody just made it up.