PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About Global Aviation solutions
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2004, 17:29
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I would doubt if any professional organisation would post their corporate results on such a 'hearsay' chat site.
That would be no way to run a business and if, as is said, 'silence says it all' then how about the silence of the guys and/or gals that are currently undergoing training with supposedly no job prospect thereafter?
I know that if I had parted with 20k with no job prospect thereafter I would be the first one here to bitch and complain.
As was stated earlier in this topic, perhaps they do have jobs to go to and perhaps their silence does say it all.
Amen
Equally, if I was one of those people who had coughed up the £20 grand and I had got a good job out of it, I would certainly be happy to give G.A.S. a letter to that effect or at least use a nice photo of me preflighting my shiny new 737 or something like that. OATS / Cabair / BAE are all known to publish pictures of their successful classes / graduates in their literature after all.

That is hardly a 'corporate result' and even if it was, it's a bit late for anyone to turn round and say this is a scurrilous 'hearsay chat' site given the shameless publicity and free plugging that CH4 has been inflicting upon us for months

I am not jumping on the GAS-bashing bandwagon here, in fact I fervently hope they succeed, I am belatedly coming to the conclusion that pay-for-type-ratings is here to stay and I would like nothing better than to see a company with a successful scheme for getting fresh type rated people into jobs.

Fair enough if they are a new company just getting things under way, and they may only be getting their first set of successes about now. I have no problem with that, but GAS need to understand, until we can see some kind of evidence of real people in real jobs then a lot of people are going to position them in the 'unacceptably high risk' area. I'll let other people gamble with their £20 grand until I can see a proven track record and documented evidence of people in jobs.

I think it's very important for their own sake that they provide these proofs because at the moment I'll bet the vast majority of their applicants are either unemployed, desperate or low timers. Once they've got the credibility factor, it will also start to bring in a whole different class of applicant - ie the ones like myself, high time with a good secure turboprop job who would like to move on, but aren't going to run the risk of leaving their current job to buy into this scheme and coming up with nothing.