PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rex Celebrating 20 Years
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2022, 08:05
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Deano969
Australia has some of the busiest trunk routes on the planet
Thinner routes are served in Asia, the US and Europe by 4 5 6 airlines with 2-4 flights daily
And if you are worried that a bit of competition will see you conditions suffer, you should be more worried about JQ and Network
Busiest routes so that means guaranteed success? Not how it works buddy. Triangle is largely corporate which drives the numbers, all heavily skewed towards Qantas and Virgin with associated huge networks, international feed, corporate deals and so on. Jetstar has the low cost stuff, the other two play for the corporate traffic and premium leisure. All bases are covered, what market is Rex actually going for?

Now to waste 2 mins of my time and prove a point, a good example is this evening in the main trunk run. Virgin is no less than 95% full between 4-6pm. Rex is 20%. Later on tonight it appears the numbers sink further. Again, why do we need a third and fourth airline?

Can you explain to me in detail how this player with a few NGs is going to result in my pay being cut? Are you trying to say they are going to get 30 machines, rip the traffic away from the others, resulting in my employer and others reducing capacity and cutting conditions? Are you on drugs?