PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rex Celebrating 20 Years
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2022, 02:01
MickG0105

Received 214 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Deano969
1) Why add frames during the height of the pandemic?
Perhaps if VA were gone, but that did not happen
WTF are you talking about now? Rex have been talking about increasing their fleet for well over a year. The world has known that Virgin weren't going anywhere for nearly two years now.

Around this time last year Rex told the ASX that they were adding two aircraft in late August, and increasing their 737 fleet to eight by September last year. Between that announcement and now domestic pax movements have quadrupled. And nothing happened to Rex's B737 fleet.

If they didn't/couldn't add aircraft during that sort of surge in demand what makes now a good time to be adding capacity?

3) In your opinion the utilization is low ...
Their utilisation rate is 20-30 percent below QF/VA. I don't know whether they have some form of religious observance policy in place, maybe they all get together and pray for better times (or a grant), but on Sundays half their fleet is still on the ground come mid-morning.

3)... they may well have a strategy with a significant uptick with increased frames, ...
WTF does that mean? They can't put enough bums on seats now to warrant flying their fleet at the rate they should be. What strategy would allow them to conjure up more pax by adding capacity? Magic? Wishful thinking?

4) Stop being pedantic opps ops whatevs
Try writing as though English was your first language. All this "opps", "frames", "strategy with significant uptick" nonsense has all the hallmarks of someone who has heard of few aviation terms and then throws them around trying to look like they understand the business.

5) I suggest you have a second look on Planespotters
Why? Did you just send through an update? That hex code, 7C3D80, is for an Airvan and -MFM isn't on the register. What else am I meant to be looking at?