PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA28 stall characteristics
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2004, 16:13
knobbygb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I trained on the Warrior and am in the process of getting used to the Archer, so I'm no expert on it, but the two types are a little different to land, although both are Pa-28's.

The Warrior will float, and float and float... whereas the Archer is more nose-heavy and benefits from just a trickle of power right into the flare, as Cusco says. I assume the same is true of the Arrow.

I've only flown a Cessna once, but I was surprised by the lack of float. I think it's a low wing/high wing thing - the more pronounced ground effect should be very noticable if you switch from Cessna's to Pa28's, thus making a correct over-the-fence speed more critical.

That slow speed is the key to good landnings in the Warrior - the stall warner should be blaring away right through the flare. Don't be tempted to put the wheels on the ground too early - holding the aircraft 6 inches above the ground in a nose-high attitude will still cause it to slow down quite a lot and even quite short strips don't require a touchdown right on the numbers as long as the speed is right.