PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed entire ATPL Module
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2022, 13:27
Pilotuser964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all the responses. I really appreciate some of the kind words. I'll give a general response as to why I failed as that question is the one that's been asked a few times:

Entirely due to a lack of effort. 'Shiny side down' also asked how badly I failed them: 5/6 of the fails were 70-74%.

I decided to do it 'part-time' which just entails sitting in my room the whole time with no classes or classmates. I thought that was a good idea, in hindsight it was a terrible idea. The material is not that difficult (except for MET...) I'd sit down to start studying and end up playing chess instead (or whatever else peaked my interest in that moment). There were lots of mistakes on my part, obviously, but I think there are certainly some positives to take from this, especially after reading some of the responses to this post. I gave it far too little attention and ended up 1% shy. Being in the position I'm in now, with the knowledge I already have of all the subjects, If I apply the extra effort where I didn't last time (which I'm sure I will after feeling the pain of failing short and having to needlessly repeat 14 painful exams), I think I will pass them all comfortably first time and in a short period of time too. Only time will tell. Thanks again for all the responses.