PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 1st Aug 2022, 23:05
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
My correspondence to Ms Garland the new Labor MP for Chisholm

03/08/22

Dear Ms Carina Garland, MP for the Electorate of Chisholm.

My name is Glen Buckley, a 57-year resident of the Electorate.

You will have some familiarity with my matter, as we had the opportunity to meet briefly at Glen Waverley in the lead up to the election, and I was able to give you a brief overview of my situation. I was the person impacted by the decision of a single CASA employee that my business of more than a decade had now become “unlawful” and was forced into closure by that single CASA employee.

You may also be aware that I distributed almost 15,000 copies of this leaflet throughout the election by way of letterbox drops, distribution at railway stations, and attendance at polling stations on election day. Having been very active in the local community for over 50 years, I was able to gain overwhelming support from my fellow residents. The leaflet that I distributed can be accessed here and does provide a brief overview of the matter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx11cmk1i3vfng3/Liu.docx?dl=0

On 11th November 2020 I also sent you an email the contents of that email can be accessed at Post # 1821 Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA - Page 92 - PPRuNe Forums This forum has had over 1,000,000 views and thousands of comments. It is a good source of information of this entire matter.

I have attached two pieces of correspondence. They are:
  1. A complaint to the CASA CEO calling on her to retract clearly false allegations made by her predecessor before the Senate. That was an allegation that I had stalked and assaulted CASA employees, at some point after CASA closed my business. I absolutely refute those allegations. I believe they were made to harm my credibility and reputation. That correspondence can be found at Posts #2256 on page 113 Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA - Page 113 - PPRuNe Forums

1. The second complaint is to the CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner of CASA deliberately providing false and misleading information to the Commonwealth Ombudsman investigation. Into this matter. Similarly, that complaint can be accessed at the same forum via the following link on pages 112 and 113 Posts # 2235 through #2241
A third compliant will soon be submitted to the CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner, as follow up to my allegations made against CASA Executive Manager of Legal, International and Regulatory Affairs, Mr Jonathan Aleck. Mr Aleck is CASAs second most senior and longest serving Executive Manager.

Please be assured that CASA never put forward and supporting safety case, there were no regulatory breaches, there were no allegations against any quality outcomes at all. Mr Aleck just decided that my business was now unlawful. The Ombudsman’s Office later found it was not.

To the point of this correspondence.

The CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner has offered to meet with me in Melbourne or Canberra to discuss my allegations.

I have requested if I am able to bring a support person along, and if that person could in fact be my Local MP. The CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner promptly advised me that he would be comfortable with that, and that gesture speaks to this individuals integrity.

For that reason, may I respectfully make a request of you as my Local MP, to assist and support my family. Could I formally request that you participate in that meeting as my “support” person with the CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner, Mr Jonathan Hanton.

Mr Hanton has advised that he can meet at either your Melbourne or Canberra offices, whichever is most convenient for you.

I appreciate that your workload will perhaps only provide you with limited opportunities. I suggest the most efficient process, assuming you grant my request, would be that you liaise directly with Mr Jonathan Hanton by email, or phone and between your office and his, you agree on a suitable date and venue, and lock that date and venue in.

I can make myself fully available on any day, at any location with 7 days prior notification. I only need to be advised of those details, and I will make it happen.

Mr Hanton can be contacted on

[email protected] or phone 02-62171249

Ms Garland, I can make myself available prior to that date to meet with you or a nominee from your office, if you feel it would be of benefit.

I anticipate it would take me two hours to fully brief someone on this matter. I can meet with you, or your nominee at either your Canberra or Melbourne offices on any day that you nominate, provided I have 7 days notification.

If you provide me the opportunity to meet with you, may I respectfully suggest that you make a request of CASA prior. If the CASA CEO Ms Pip Spence could provide you with a short one- or two-page summary of the matter from Ms Spences perspective, and if CASA could also explain why the entire matter could not be satisfactorily resolved with a well-intentioned 4-hour meeting, rather than closing the businesses down.

I feel CASA has pursued what I call an alternating narrative, so if we could commence that discussion around CASAs explanation from the CEO, I feel that will help bring some clarity to the matter, and make our meeting more poroductive.

Ms Garland, on behalf of my family who has been significantly impacted by the conduct, actions, and decisions of Mr Aleck. I am someone who has lost my home, my two businesses, been forced out of the industry and left bankrupted and destitute. My wife and I seriously face homelessness because of this entire saga. Our total liquid assets and life savings amount to less than $6,000. There is almost no superannuation, that was tied up in my small business that Mr Aleck shut down. To say that I am anxious about the future of my wife, and I would be an understatement. I have endured a nervous breakdown because of this, two years ago I was on the cusp of suicide. I battle with depression every hour of my waking life, and I am exhausted by it. I recently had hospitalisation and 6 weeks off work due to a heart related condition, that I directly contribute to this matter.

Other businesses dependant on me were forced into closure, staff lost employment and entitlements, Suppliers have been impacted, as have customers.

The coverup of this matter that extends to the highest levels of CASA and to within the office of the Deputy PMs office of the previous Government, needs to be exposed, and with an introduction by a Labor government of an Integrity Commission, I believe that the more you learn about this matter, the more you will realise this matter deserves consideration for investigation by such a body.

While I make no assumptions on Senator Glenn Sterle’s character assessment of Mr Aleck, I would suggest you contact him, and I have included him in this email. Senator Sterle has had extensive dealings with Mr Aleck via Senate Committee, Inquiries etc. and would be a reliable and trustworthy source of information.

Thankyou sincerely in anticipation of your assistance.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley

Last edited by glenb; 4th Aug 2022 at 05:53. Reason: previous copy draft. This copy sent