PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 1st Aug 2022, 13:29
Desertboki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by midnight cruiser
I've met two people at work who have done the interview, but are not willing to fund an expensive trip to Dubai for the sim (and the medical?) out of their own pockets (stark contrast to the other ME majors) ... So they could very easily fix the input side of their crewing problem.
You would want to be insane to join flydubai at the moment. No fixed rosters. Nearly all night flying,no bidding system, rubbish staff travel and late rosters.TBH I do not think anyone would last long enough in this company to benefit from a provident fund. I left when Ken Gile left. Jim Vial told pilots it was a seniority based airline. The American model. The longer you are there the better your annual leave bids and trips were rewarded.The current SVP with his chequered past has ruined what was once an OK airline to work for. I am not sure of flydubai blocking people going to Emirates yet, but it would not surprise me. They have a no hire flydubai pilot agreement with Etihad for years. So you really limit yourself taking a job with flydubai. It will haunt your career progression in the future. If you really need a job in the Middle East all other carriers apart from Oman air are better options. Any South Africans thinking about going to the Middle East have any question feel free to pm me.