PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PhD Research on flightcrew cultural backgrounds
Old 1st Aug 2022, 05:40
Gflyerfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might be better off looking at it from an airline culture perspective, rather than the specific crew as airlines and companies tend to hire people they feel have similar values, behaviors and attitudes. I'd agree with iggy in that it's a huge no-no not just for the CRM perspective, but the company may argue due to "commercial sensitivity" or a whole other variety of reasons to protect themselves from any possible repercussions from disclosing such details. However if you look at it from an airline culture perspective may still help you achieve your goal of the CRM training provided in Asian airlines. That being said, I'd be very interested to see the results of your study, and which airline you may get to disclose the details you requested.

I'm sure you've thought of it already, but you could just do a anonymous online survey, though it'll be hard to verify the details provided to the degree that may be needed for your PhD study.