PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Six airports to be decertified including Mallacoota
Old 1st Aug 2022, 05:18
Sandy Reith

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
How to achieve change and reform

Quote LB :-

“Correctly focussed and timed action is the only thing that has some small chance of bringing about substantial change.”

Yes but what action or actions is obviously the burning question.

In addition there’s no doubt that numbers of voices and persistence give weight and momentum to the call for reform. The deletion of the Cessna SIDs program is one reform that we could reasonably assume would not have come about if not for the General Aviation community voicing its concerns.

Ring, write contact your local MP and State Senators regularly. My local MP certainly knows me and knows he will get an earful whenever we meet and his staff always have correspondence from myself to deal with.

PS, Good to see Darren Chester, former Minister, making a contribution on the thread dealing with the CASA induced Mallacoota airport problem. Any MP that might be persuaded to read that thread, and such as this, will undoubtedly be better informed about the disastrous losses that have occurred in GA. The continual CASA strangling of what should be a vibrant sector employing many more thousands must be recognised.