PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2022, 20:12
Sts121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sts121
Long shot but worth an ask….

BY2662 has been cancelled all through June. During this time TUI we’re still selling tickets for the 02/07 onwards when it was supposed to restart. Looking at it today it doesn’t look like it’s now restarting until the 16th…..

im booked on with my troop for the 30th, does anybody think this is likely to be back on at all over the summer?
just quoting my original post

In 35 years as a passenger I’ve never flown with TUI or Thompson before. Short and longer flights. Anyway events this summer made me nervous so I booked flights for 4 of us with jet2 from leeds/Bradford. I never cancelled the TUI ones.

anyway come the 30th we got away in time. I don’t like Leeds/Bradford particularly. The check in was 30 mins and the security was 1hr. Not great but had a lot of flights going and the staff were all courteous and very efficient. Both jet2 and the airport seems really good so was pretty happy

Anyway. I’ve kept getting emailed by TUI over my original flight (tom2662). It was supposed to be at 14:40 on the 30th but kept getting pushed out. It looks from flight radar like they changed the aircraft to the Malta one that came back from Mahon that “caught fire” after landing. The flight was then bumped to 11am today (31st) then still took off 3 hours late.

I don’t know what’s going on at TUI. I know every flight isn’t as bad as the one I was supposed to catch but even though I’m now £1800 out of pocket I’m glad I changed mine

I appreciate that the problems at Manchester aren’t all down to TUI. The handlers/airport etc.

I Personally would be reluctant to book anything again with TUI. It’s harsh based on one experience I paid to get away from but still. When Thomas cook went belly up i had numerous flights/holidays booked with them up to the end and in fact had flights booked to NYC later that year and always found them to be really good.