PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do the CPL, or not?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2022, 10:26
sposner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beethoven
I am in EXACTLY the same position as you. Same age too. However I did make the decision to do the CPL , which I'm a few hours away from completing and I'm just about to start my FI course. My reason for doing CPL is that, after I've instructed at PPL level for a certain number of hours I'll be able to teach for the CPL which is generally a higher pay rate and an FI with CPL is also advantageous for teaching at integrated places. The other reason is that I found the ATPL written so darn difficult that I want every privilege they allow!!

Despite what some may say, there is career progression in the FI world if you want if and plan for it.

Do the CPL is my advice. Order is up to you, I appear to be doing both concurrently for various weird reasons. I don't know how many hours you've got but If you do the FI course BEFORE CPL ensure you look at the pre requisites for doing it on a PPL. This is irrelevant if you do it after CPL.

Good luck!

Beet.
Thanks. This was very helpful. After changing my mind and resigning to only doing the FIC. I am now thinking again of doing the CPL.
As someone in exactly the same situation as you say, and the same age, I would be keen to understand from you how difficult or challenging it is, where you are doing it, what to look out for and general hints and tips.
Would it be ok to take this off line and have a chat on the phone? I would really appreciate it as I'm getting all kinds of mixed messages and I'm toing and froing and time is ticking.