PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 31st Jul 2022, 00:39
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
They introduced something called guidance group, don't bother, they ignore your question and it take a ridiculous amount of time to get an answer anyway, little point at all.
The guidance centre is to my mind a smokescreen. They can answer straightforward questions but as soon as you want to dig deeper to confirm or challenge the intent of a rule (if indeed that intent can be pinned down at all, given the shaky basis of some regs) they're stuffed. They then refer to the so-called subject matter experts for a particular area, who will then come back with a pseudo-'ruling' as if they have a direct phone line to some higher power. Even worse is if they refer to the legal team - those people can turn what might on the surface to be a common sense situation into a fight about the meaning of words without a clue or care about the operational impact of their responses, which take on an authority they shouldn't really possess.

I liken it to the Wizard of Oz, where there's this big impressive facade, but the self-styled wizard turns out to be a pathetic egotist who is all talk! I think most inspectors try to do their best but they're probably just as much at the mercy of the above-mentioned dysfunctional system as anyone else.