PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia and its boss Jayne Hrdlicka hit with bullying claim
Old 30th Jul 2022, 07:52
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
Aerial perspective + 1.

‘’I’ve had most of that directed at me, including being asked to write a report recommending a dodgy $10 million investment that had the sole purpose of getting my boss a seat on the Board of a venture capital company, something she greatly prized. When I refused my days were numbered. I found out later she went behind my back to get one of my staff to write that recommendation. He refused too.

‘’She cost that business at least $250 million as well as carefully searching through the organization and destroying every pocket of management expertise she found because anyone with expertise was deemed a “threat” to her. Those that left were replaced with (mostly female) incompetent sycophants.

‘’She had an AM and proceeded to wreck more organizations before retiring. I read about the failure of the last business that she chaired only a few weeks ago.

‘’As you said, the most important thing is being able to sleep at night - the “sleep test”.
Yep, and I forgot to mention, although your response about the report put it in my mind, one-on-one conversations with my manager who agreed with everything then at the next management meeting virtually parroted everything I'd said including my conclusions and analysis and passed it off as his own thoughts.

That was the point where I realised early on that I was dealing with a low-altitude-flyer (no pun intended) who had absolutely zero nous or ability to be circumspect about others and was just influenced by the most manipulative and treasure-seeking of the group. Never ever questioned or looked into their performance, but believed everything they said about me.

Unfortunately, industry is replete with these unintelligent know-nothings who climb their way up by stumbling from one disaster to another and blaming everyone else but themselves.

Dunning-Kruger Effect writ large.