PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed entire ATPL Module
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2022, 15:34
rudestuff

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightstop
No it doesn’t, a fail is a fail. None of my TRE’s or ground school instructors/examiners would be in the slightest bit interested in why my performance was below standard. Air Force and Airline sponsored Cadets would be chopped at the OP’s stage, for good reason. Tough, but that’s how it is (unless you are self funded and can keep throwing money down the drain).
This sounds very much like the opinion of someone who's had everything handed to them on a plate and got lucky along the way. Guess what? This isn't the Air Force. Most of us live in the real world, where it isn't black and white. If we make a mistake or underestimate how hard something is etc - we fail. But we're the one paying for it, so we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and carry on. And hopefully learn some humility along the way.

To the OP: there are plenty of people out there right now in the left seat of a big shiny jet who failed plenty more exams than you did. ATPLs are hard because they are so pointless and there is no structured way of teaching (ATOs basically have to guess at what to teach due to the LOs being so vague). A type rating on the other hand is actually much easier - everything you need to know is given to you: limitations, systems, SOPS etc.

Last edited by rudestuff; 29th Jul 2022 at 16:20.