PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW Virgin contract
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2004, 07:33
Leezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. 777,

I know what your saying about the Customer Services thing.

Everytime we try and change something in the department we get told that we can't because "customer services will want the same too" - what a load of cr*p. It's a totally differant department for god's sake. Although the Flight Ops guys are really trying to get us under their department at the moment - just hope it happens !!.

I'm still glad I left Bmi though - money is much better at VS for doing less too (which can be a drag sometimes though).

I could not believe the things they were telling us we had to do when I was on the training course - another complete joke in itself. Spent 2 weeks just on maual loadsheets at Bmi - at VS we got 1/2 day on weight side and 1/2 day on balance chart and that was it !!! - Whole course was only 1 week - no mention of locks and stops and hold configs etc etc -stuff you actually need to know. Ok for those that had done it before but for the poor b'stards from the US that had never even seen a manual load sheet or an a/c hold .

When did you leave in 2001 ??? Must have been just before I started I guess. When I started, they took 6 of us on that all had previous experience from other airlines/handling agents and most of us are still there so the level of experience in the department has risen alot. Also the attitiudes of myself and most of the other experianced guys that I started with towards the safety/loadsheet side of things has had an good effect on improoving things too as when I started there were (and still are to a cetain extent) a lot of lazy b'stards in the department who didn't give a sh!t. Now alot of them have left and the ones that are still around make more of an effort now than they did which is good.

Anyway better go - back in on earlies !!!.