PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Finningley - South Yorks International..?
Old 4th Jan 2004, 07:14
BombardierCR7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we get to the point with this airport thing (airstrip!!)- will someone fly from there!! (apart from an EZE J31 to ABZ and an RYR 732 to DUB - if the price is right!!!)- we don't care.

A few days ago I walked onto this airsrip's runway for 1 hour (the Bawtry end for those who know (or care!!) - top security - not!!), falling over the cracked concrete and weeds, the RVR must have been about 150meters (possibly why I fooled them. What on earth is the big deal with this place. It is a supermarket carpark - or should be.

I was fooled by the top road connections (1hr 10mins from Leeds) - 15mins shorter than from MAN!!

The BY 767 in Summer 2004 at LBA and the re basing of an aircraft by Preusag TUI in winter 2004 is testamount of commitment to "Yorkshire's airport". Some what different from the big Donny threat 2 years ago. I thought Thomson were a big supporter of Finningley - and big LBA haters!!

(And Airtours were big suporters of Finningley- I say no more)

Flash in the pan !! Let's see...

Jet 2 maybe (on an LBA string..!! - I say no more)

Why has building been delayed by 6 months? Build the terminal to the first operator needs?... lets hope its not that Star Alliance, One World, Sky Team member - United/American/Continental. sorry.. sh$t.. it's Eastern.

Were is Doncaster to a German!!!! - or a Spanishman,
Italianman --- an Englishman!!

Large marketing budget- me thinks - just in this country!!