PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2022, 17:52
Lonewolf_50

Received 425 Likes on 267 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
You go to the UN and ask them to put an embargo on the weaponary being supplied to Ukraine, so you can get back to the business of raping and pillaging the population with the not so few murders thrown in..... unbelievable.
I think that there is precedent for something like this form the League of Nations, during the Spanish Civil War, an arms embargo that certainly harmed one side more than the other ... yes, I am being facetious in bringing that up.

"To control the supply of arms to Ukraine by the United Nations it is necessary to impose an arms embargo against this country through a resolution of the UN Security Council," said Russia's deputy representative to the international body, Dimitri Polianski, in statements granted to the Russian newspaper 'Izvestia'.
There's some grade A humor, right there, given the presentation to the UN Security Council by the Ukrainian representative on 24 Feb after the Invasion began, and the Russian member (in the President's chair) being less than supportive.
"It is clear that the Western countries will never allow this," he acknowledged, before stressing that Russia "has repeatedly transferred the problems of arms deliveries to Ukraine." "We will continue to raise them before the UN Security Council," he has assured.
And it will keep getting turned down or vetoed, yes; I guess wasting time is a thing at the UNSC.
"In the UN we do not have a dialogue with Kiev and neither did we have it before the beginning of the special operation due to the inadequacy of the current permanent representative", he pointed out...
"We refuse to use the UN as a means to engage in political dialogue" ~ I think that's how that translates, but my doublespeak translator is having some trouble with it.
At the root of the crisis is not the special military operation in Ukraine, but the wrong policies and miscalculations at the economic level on the part of Western countries,"
Hmm, root cause analysis not well done, go back to the assignment and read the instructions ...

Nutty, thank you for the light reading, it certainly was unintentional comedy: sometimes, the best kind.