PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW Virgin contract
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2004, 03:01
mr.777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leezyjet,

"80-90% of VS staff at LHR are trained in load control"

When I left in 2001,less than 50% of the department were trained in load control.Of those that were,only about 30% had dispatched widebodies.The department was and still is a joke.How good of VS to suddenly realise that in-house CLP might be the way forward....too late for me unfortunately.Just so you know,dispatchers have zero say in dispatch issues at LHR because the whole department comes under the auspices of Passenger Services rather than Ops which is a f****ing joke in itself...some idiot in a suit who doesn't have the first clue about turning around a widebody aircraft telling you what to do at the gate.I agree that 90% of CLP agents at GHI weren't that good at their job.Having left AF,where I received the best training I know of,to go to Vs was a shock.I can totally understand your comments about the 5000kgs of cargo thing....are these guys for real?
Anyway,if VS do go in-house at LGW then OTP may not necessarily improve.Sorry about the rant....as you can see my experience there left me very pissed off and wishing that I had never left AF.