PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2004, 02:41
ORAC
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Received 1,652 Likes on 756 Posts
Yellow Sun mentioned that, "Some years ago I saw in the "New Scientist" a book review dealing wth the US nuclear weapons programme. I requested it though my local public library and it duly arrived. The book contained detailed technical descriptions of most of the US inventory."

Not sure if it's the same one, but the one I have is "US Nuclear Weapons" by Chuck Hansen - ISBN 0-517-56740-7. To quote a review:

"This encyclopedic work breaks through the wall of secrecy and presents for the first time historical and technical data for every nuclear weapon built by the U.S. since 1945. It is the most comprehensive technical history ever written about the postwar development of American nuclear weapons. Full histories and specifications are provided for 89 numbered U.S. nuclear warheads from the primitive MK 1 Little Boy to the high-tech W-89 Sea Lance. Also presented is the tactical or political justification for development of a particular warhead or weapon system. Individual weapons histories are supplemented by photos (most never before published, and including color photos of some nuclear weapon test)and drawings. Information in this book is derived or drawn from unclassified sources."

Amazon.com