PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 25th Jul 2022, 07:48
Deano969

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
The software that I and it seems the media also use in that article, are exact. Sure I do park alongside them at times and we play count the passengers. Not exact as you say, give for take 5 bodies perhaps.

The data doesn't lie. The numbers March to June, May especially was beyond a disaster, the media in the above article already skimmed the numbers. Bit hard to judge at the moment they are not exactly flying a heavy schedule.

The flights are full at the moment. Now they need to try and convert that to a 10-12 aircraft operation. And go on from there. They will never get to 30, Tiger started to implode on many fronts at about 18 and then went backwards. Rex will face the same operational headwinds as the operation is capital city based.

The threat for Rex, is if Bonza pulls out Plan B when the Plan A fantasy falls apart, which would be operate what Tiger did. Bonza and Rex overlapping would spell the end for RexJet.
Jo, if you have data, why not post it....
Most on here lay the boot into REX and I have a suspicion that many are looking at a few quiet flights and hitting the multiplier button for their full schedule

Pax are having good to great experiences on REX
On time is the highest of all airlines, by a long way
They are still adding the odd SAAB to their fleet
They have taken over Cobham
They are adapting to the war with QF by getting out of low earning regional destinations and replacing them with the likes of Port Maq, Coffs and Devonport and getting good loads
They are gradually increasing bums on seats with their jets
Wouldn't worry about Bonza hurting REX as they will look at places like Avalon and SWA and likely cram 189 into their MAX's for $60-$80 legs +++++
They only lack FFPs and decent lounges
FFPs could be a quick fix with 7-11 and IGA