PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Smiles: shareholders and executives grin, customers and staff grit their
Old 25th Jul 2022, 06:46
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cooperplace
Here on ABC news:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-...pact/101262422

is a report of a Q international plane leaving Australia a few weeks back and a litany of stuff-ups causing delays. The pilot speaking anonymously calls himself Tom. I was on that plane. Cap'n Tom announced the aircraft couldn't push back because it didn't have any water! He called for a water truck but it arrived empty!! As passenger I thought, unbelievable, is this the first time they've ever operated a jet? He was plainly frustrated and embarrassed, after all, surely there's someone whose job is to check the oil, water, and tyres: it's not hard. It makes you wonder what else these clowns are forgetting. I won't say the flight number and date because Tom wants to keep his job. Tom, if you're reading this, I feel for you.
There has also been a huge increase in hull damage since the mainline ports were outsourced. In particular there has been lots of damage to cargo doors and fuselages, engine cowls and wings from GSE contact. Then there are the incorrect LIR’s, incorrectly loaded ULD’s and stuff ups with catering, water, even the ****ter trucks! And we haven’t even mentioned the customer service issues ranging from lost bags, delayed flights, cancelled These are issues NOT caused by COVID. They are issues mainly caused by Qantas business decisions at the top.

Alan has shaved QF down to the marrow and now it’s the chickens have come home to roost.