PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways and 'The Delta' Pay Cut.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2022, 21:32
Seosan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tubby linton
Be prepared to do the same work as EZY for less money and a variable basic pay.
I'm certainly not trying to pull the wool over the grim working environment that pilots have to endure at modern BA, however I'm sorry to say I don't agree with this. I've now had a chance to look over some iBid lines for junior SH guys at LHR. Blocks which are either four-five sectors over two days, six sectors split over three days, single ATH split over two days with a layover, couple of two sector days dotted in and out here and there. This in peak summertime is a pretty cushy roster considering these are the bottom of the pecking order. Granted, the fullas who I saw were rostered a duty or standby/TS on every weekend, so if that's of primary importance then it looks like it would be gruelling.

Also worth bearing in mind that EZY is still negotiating with BALPA for a historic pay deal that has been at FTA since 2018. That's the expected pay rise coming in 2022 (although still being delayed). Prior to any pay rise being agreed joining BA with 10% delta deduction would leave me with the same take home I get from EZY now before the addition of any flying or duty pay.