PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened?
Thread: What happened?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2022, 13:33
Giraffesarecool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Soaring Cub
Five pilots forgot where they were, how lucky they were to be there and who put them there.

The GA apron is a busy a place, and if you don’t keep your head on a swivel, of course you’re going to find yourself in a hazardous situation.
There’s a reason for the BRIGHT RED flashing light on the tail of EVERY aircraft. If you don’t know that then you’re not ready for GA.

I can’t believe I’m explaining this… All light aircraft have an MTOW, but it’s well known there’s an in-built engineering tolerance. Throwing a few extra bags in the pod has never brought down an aircraft and it never will. What will bring down an airplane is pilots spending all their time complaining about not getting a sleep in as opposed to studying their POH and knowing their aircraft.

I’ve been following some threads here and seeing what those cowardly insta meme pages spurt out. I think I speak for the quiet majority when I say GA is about making money. It’s not about taking selfies on ‘Frothy Friday’. Flying $300,000+ machines is a privilege. If you can’t get you’re head around that, go be a grade 3 at some Sydney sausage factory.

Get used to seeing this account more, because I’m here to raise the standards and speak up against the daffodils who bring this forum (and industry) down…
Oh boy there's some stuff to unpack here.

Pilots aren't "lucky" to be employed, nor should they have to grovel at the feet of the greatest man who has ever graced Australian aviation. They're doing a job, they deserve a safe workplace and when they weren't getting it they quit.

I do appreciate the MTOW plus a bit more "engineering tolerance".

Honestly the koolaid over at Mistar must be crazy, cubs coming out to defend their papa bear.