PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened?
Thread: What happened?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2022, 13:19
IO520L

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
A bit rich vouching for that operator, when you are that operator. Talk about narcissism.

Most qualified, I'll admit is true. Most utilised, definitely not. Plus I wouldn't consider someone that encourages employees to bend or break the rules an upstanding member of the aviation community.

Funny, you preach safety and how there are built in margins, then go on the use those margins. They are there to stop people like you from killing their poor pilots. I'm sure even if those margins weren't there you'd still have the same attitude, an extra 50kg can't hurt, until one day it does. The problem isn't being a tiny bit above the max weight, the problem is the deliberate erosion of safety margins. The fact you are even remotely trying to defend the notion of taking off over MTOW only goes to show how willing your organisation accepts such a reckless act.

Yes, Jabiru has lights, but they have to be activated by the ARO, who certainly would not be activating them for some scenics to land after last light, or for you to take off before first light😉 Prove me wrong. Like you said, they have to plan to land 10min before last light except they haven't, but that's okay, just change the numbers on paper like they always do; duty, flight time, MTOW/MLW, etc.

To fly the planes is a privilege I agree, but the expectation that a worker who has already spent $80K+ on training and is now getting paid the minimum possible wage to work 12+ hours a day (but only get paid 7.6) should be absolutely grateful for the employer is ridiculous. Yes they get hours and a little bit of money, but you also make money and a lot more of it after taking the financial risk, it's a fair exchange. After all you need pilots for your business to run, you're not doing charity work, so you shouldn't see yourself as some kind of GA messiah. Not to mention they risk their lives anytime you're near a prop🤣

I'm glad those guys walked out on you, it's goes to show they're human beings and should be treated accordingly, not abused and used to take out your anger from personal problems on. In fact, why don't you share how that person problem arose?

Last edited by IO520L; 24th Jul 2022 at 21:32.