PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Holdpool
Thread: BA Holdpool
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2022, 19:19
Alrosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s worth bearing in mind that there will be individuals applying to the current BA campaign that would be over the moon to be offered BA SH, despite the current issues outlined above - and that is simply because BA SH is FAR from the worst option out there.

There are eligible applicants currently working for some truly atrocious European operators out there with terrible rosters, abusive management and less than professional operating behaviour being exhibited on the flightdeck. This is no exaggeration, and it is happening in Europe.

I’m not here to defend BA management or BALPA or whoever else - or wave the BA flag, and tell everyone how amazing BA is, or how much better BA is than Virgin, TUI or anyone else….all of that is very much dependent on your individual circumstances, and what you want out of a flying career - but there will be plenty of applicants for whom BA SH would represent a MASSIVE improvement.

If you can’t understand that, consider yourself very fortunate. I speak from experience. BA is not what it was, I agree with that - but there are some truly shocking operators out there…