PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2022, 11:20
_aax1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JW95
Quite the U-turn if they have decided to scrap the Arrivals Building- is there any particular reason why they have now decided on a second terminal over an arrivals building?

Would definitely been keen to learn more about the proposed architecture of the proposed new terminal and satellite 4, if these both come to fruition. Would be a shame if MAG decided to go down the Luton-style terminal route, very claustrophobic and no natural lighting or space whatsoever.

MAG also were (and presumably still are) keen on trying to attract more long haul to STN- so I wonder if this ambition will inform the approach to the design of Satellite 4?
I for one hope that if MAG go along the lines of a Luton style 2nd terminal for Ryanair (I imagine Sat 4 will be for FR too) then they put some investment into main terminal. The building is a beauty but has been modified, neglected and destroyed over the years. I think MAG should turn it back into what it was always designed to be (not low cost) and enable a decent enough experiance to get some long haul/full service.