PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation Revolving Door
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2022, 12:35
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KABOY
With Winton delivered and pay freezes below CPI now the norm, how long do you realistically think QF has the edge.

The 321 is a bigger plane and you have delivered it for zero cost increase. You won’t be able to ‘compare’ rates in the very near future. Years ago you would have never compared the 737 to the 767, now you have effectively made it the same from a salary viewpoint.

Pay gaps are closing and chest beating about how much better paid you are is the arrogance executives seek.

Boiling a frog comes to mind..
I am not sure what you mean when you say 'you would have never compared the 737 to the 767'. I think you are trying to say that QF short haul pilots will be flying a 767 size/role aircraft for 737 rates, and by accepting these conditions have effectively taken a pay cut compared to the old 767 conditions.

The 767 pay rates are no longer in the Long Haul Agreement, but all Long Haul aircraft have retained the same relative pay differences, so it is easy to work out what the applicable 767 hourly rate would be.

737 hourly rate Captain - $342.22
767 hourly rate Captain - $298.63

The two agreements are different in how hours are calculated (different min guarantee, minimum daily credit and night credits long haul), but I think you will get paid at least as much, if not more flying the A321 on the Short Haul Agreement than you would doing same sectors on the 767 on the Long Haul Agreement.