PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NH-90 problems
Thread: NH-90 problems
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2022, 17:05
EESDL

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by airsound
No, I wasn't thinking of any of those things, Lonewolf! I was merely reacting to ericferret's startling idea to The KC-46 immediately leapt to my mind as a prime example of a procurement where that didn't happen. I'm sorry you were so offended by that thought.

airsound
Not sure what the fuss is about.
I understand that this is a 'rumour network' but the odd FACT would not go amiss.
There is only one option that can be delivered in the timeframe and at the quantities required and with the role configs already approved - and with EXACTLY the same engines as we are already using for AH64E. And it's not the 60-'M'.
It's a model with genuine UK content - as we all know, the airframe is the 'cheap' bit, it's the Bells & Whistles which cost.
A combat-proven design (>2-million hours) recently used for the Jolly Green 2 and to be supported to 2070.
A type where there are immediate avenues where UK air and groundcrews could go and get experience on type so no manning gap.
A type previously and currently flown by UK serving personnel.
A type that actually exists (>15-million hours) in required format - not 'imagined'