PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrival experience at tourist airports 2022
Old 20th Jul 2022, 20:42
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Mr Mac. Agreed. My work these days is alongside the funeral trade. When SARS/MERS arrived 2002/03, there was lot of information in the trade as to what would happen if it took off in the UK. By the time Covid arrived? All that information was lost. As far as I could see, the people in charge of the trade organisations and in the large UK funeral companies - had all moved on, mostly through retirement. The new folks in charge did not seem to have that information. I remembered it ...

Thus both the funeral trade and the crematoria and cemeteries, had to learn from scratch. But history always repeats itself and the warnings were plain to see. The big change here was that the jet engine spread the virus a lot faster than most people could imagine. When it was brewing in Jan/Feb 2020, I was of the view that this could be 'the big one' and said so. But I am not in a position to influence the trade.

The only surprise for me was just how many people would ignore rules and vaccination - and still do. The subsequent high death toll is far beyond what I had guessed at when lock down started. I have some serious horror stories from beareaved families and my colleagues in those trades.