PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maiden channel crossing advice
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2022, 18:57
admuffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DLT1939
When crossing the FIR boundary, would I just request frequency change to LT and then request joining instructions from LT? Your don't need to request a frequency change from London Info. Just tell them you are contacting Le Touquet on 118.45. Pick up the Le Touquet ATIS before you do. It will tell you the runway in use etc. Le Touquet speak perfect English, provided they are not at lunch...see NOTAM's
If I need to talk to Lille Information for some reason, do I request basic information like in the UK? Basic service, traffic service etc do not exist outside the UK. Lille will probably have your flight plan and will give you traffic information for the short time you are with them,
Is there any particular time in advance of the flights that I should file the flight plan? One hour minimum.

Also you need to notify Le Touquet customs of your arrival at least 2 hrs ahead. See Le Touquet website for address. A copy of your GAR will do. They may also want to see your COVID certificate on arrival.
Thank you! I can see there is a customs email address where I can send the GAR to.

If I don't request basic information from Lille, what would I say to them? Just my call sign and then pass my message when they respond?