PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2022, 17:37
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
I have been a massive supporter of the airport since I got into plane spotting at the age of 11. I watched the highs and lows of the airport over more years than I can remember and watched its sustained growth since 1995, which I fully supported. It is only in recent years I have questioned where this will all end. Well I am sitting here in blistering heat thinking Luton Borough Council and its stooge Luton Rising (Temperature) is in denial or just doesn’t care, just like the tobacco industry that claimed smoking was not harmful while knowing it was killing people.

The best bit is that the Council has declared a climate emergency that excludes the activities of its own airport while LRT claims its policies to nearly double movements are green. So what planet do they live on?
There are photos of me as a child with Monarch Bristol Britannia’s in the back ground. I come from a generation of family members employed at the airport. Myself, I worked at the airport and started as a seasonal member. I eventually left my role having become the Manager many years later ! The fact is, the airport gives opportunities for the unemployed to become employed and have a fruitful life. With that thought in mind is it better to have youngsters working or deny them employment and allow other airports to accommodate the growth in air travel instead.