PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2022, 12:31
islandwings

Originally Posted by cbdgal View Post
Hi there - newbie here. I have been accepted into Ground School for Virgin Airlines but it won't start until August. Can someone give me a heads up of what type of training I will be learning? I am dyslexic, however that doesn't affect anything that I do and VA were great in accepting me. Being dyslexic means it can take me a little longer to grasp info so I would really like some insight into what I need to learn and how difficult the exams will be. Thank you for anyone who can help.
I haven't trained with VA but I have trained with 2 other airlines. You will do a lot of theory and pracs. Not only are you constantly studying and note taking, I found writing out questions and answers on cards. Like file cards or large size palm cards really helped. I also made these for my briefings once on line. Manuals will probably be on iPads. The pracs are also practising and memorising. Example; emergency drills. Basically you won't have much of a social life for 6 weeks during ground school as you have to do exams regularly and prep for them. Good luck