PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Pay Review 22
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2022, 21:19
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Whilst this payrise is far below inflation, I consider it entirely in line with expectations. I say that because I was an RAF pilot for just shy of 30 years so I know very well indeed how MOD pay rises work. This is par for the couse and if I am honest it is actually not bad, if you are to consider previous MoD pay awards.

In all my time in the RAF, I loved my job, loved my colleagues, and loved the noble purpose and grand vision of the organization I worked for. People in the RAF need to be honest with themselves - they are doing their job for these reasons, and not for money. If they want a decent salary, they must leave. It really is that simple - most RAF people have no idea whatsoever what the outside market is like - they can earn a fortune, based on their RAF knowledge and experience.

I was a pilot and left the RAF on Professional Aviator Pay Spine on 79K per year as a Flight Lieutenant in 2018, so NOT a senior Officer. Good money I am sure most will agree...here is the thing...

I accepted a non-flying position on leaving the RAF with an aviation company. My Christmas bonus in my first year was more than my annual salary in the RAF...really. I am being paid an absolute fortune for the knowldge and skills the RAF gave me, and anyone can do the same.

If you are unhappy with the pay award, then leave! Seriously...just leave. You have no idea how lucrative the outside world is...the RAF pay peanuts and your skills are worth a fortune. Put your profile and experience/skills on LinkedIn (other platforms are available) and you won't have to wait long.

The Military will bleed you dry and pay you peanuts - there are companies willing to make you rich for what you know if you have what they are looking for.