PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation Revolving Door
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2022, 11:44
onezeroonethree

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kimbobimbo
You’re totally off the money there friend. They don’t work their day off for 160, they work their day off and still get it later on (within 7 days). Now it just so happens that most stoopid pilots just forgo their industrial right and take that day owed as a day in leu, which they never get back… not the way the ea was agreed too but the company loves it especially RH (RIP).

So really we agree, pilots are stoopid, but the EA isn’t as bad as you make it out. If they were smart they’d use the EA to their advantage and get on the IPD train, just need to insist on it being rerostered within 7 days as the EA says.

I am constantly disappointed in my colleagues lack of understanding of their industrial rights. The peeps I work with don’t even know their own EBA, it’s no wonder we have such a terrible rep. Pull you socks up kids, read you EA and stand up for yourself. Unless of course there’s a giant, KY smothered pole in front of you. In which case fill your slippery boots! I’ll enjoy watching the antics haha!
They don't get $160 for a day off? You're right. They get like double that... $320-ish, don't they? Why would you bother getting out of bed at 3am for that?