PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question: How to improve GA's profile, community standing & outlook?
Old 19th Jul 2022, 04:05
vne165

Received 46 Likes on 10 Posts
Question: How to improve GA's profile, community standing & outlook?

Hi everyone,
Seems to me that GA has been adopting a very low a profile here in Oz, something that doesn't help very much with public perceptions and business standing. We can't do nothing and expect a different result, other than a continued, inexorable decline into irrelevance together with more embuggerance from regulators and government. Perhaps it's time to go on the offensive.

With the best intentions and at the risk of flaming out, I'd like to open up a discussion about idea's to improve the situation, raise the profile of GA and make it harder for the faceless rubber-desk-johnny's .to screw it up any further.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just a low time PPL who grew up amazed at the marvels of aerospace, built model aircraft and was lucky enough to afford to learn to fly myself around a bit.
My livelihood is not at risk in the industry, like many here. But I'm sad the way the industry continues to decline and worry that we won't have one at all soon.

I'm tired of the negativity as well, which seems to have crept into many aspects of life here of recent years, not just GA. It seems to me that young folks just aren't aware of aerospace or interested like I was, could be wrong about this, but that's my perception.

If there's any takers for a discussion, can we keep it positive and try to brainstorm ideas that might be realistic and useful.
I have one idea to start with - an air race with a difference that perhaps someone might think interesting.
Cheers
vne